Its iconic jangle is unmistakable. Sporting the classic Shorthorn hollowbody, "S" soundhole, and a pair of '56 Vintage Lipstick pickups, the Danelectro Vintage 12 String captures the look, feel, and tone of the early days of rock. The Vintage 12 String is constructed with a lightweight hardboard/plywood body that delivers the jangly signature "Dano" sound. In addition, a maple neck with pau ferro fingerboard offers smooth playability, while a fully adjustable bridge lets you set your intonation to your liking. The Danelectro Vintage 12 String flawlessly re-creates the "Dano" sound heard on countless hit records.
The two single-coil Lipstick pickups in the Vintage 12 String have a one-of-a-kind tone that captured the imagination of so many guitarists over the last six decades. With their coils wrapped around an Alnico VI magnet and then wrapped in tape, these pickups harken back to the vintage tone of rock's earliest days. The result is a sound that truly stands alone — jangly, with a punchy midrange and a treble kick. And with a 3-way pickup selector plus volume and tone controls for each pickup, you'll have a lot of options for dialing in your ideal tone for any track.
- Classic Shorthorn hollowbody with "S" soundhole
- Hardboard/plywood body; gloss polyester finish
- Bolt-on maple neck, C profile; gloss polyester finish
- Pau ferro fingerboard, 14" radius, dot inlays
- 25" scale length; 21 frets
- 2 passive single-coil Lipstick pickups
- 3-Way pickup selector
- Master Volume and Tone controls
- Adjustable 12-string bridge
- 1.78" Aluminum nut
- Die-cast tuners
- Dual-Action truss rod