The new Wharfedale Pro Titan™ Sub-A15, a powerful active subwoofer system designed to produce high quality audio in any performance application. The Titan™ Sub-A15 combines the newest technologies, materials and design topology to ensure absolute accuracy and high output.
The TITAN™ Sub-A15 is powerful 15 inch band pass active subwoofer. A built-in 400 watt (continuous) 600 watt (peak) amplifier conveniently accepts stereo or mono line level inputs via dual, balanced, XLR-¼" "combo" connectors as well as a unique single channel 4Ω speaker level input via a ¼" phone jack which allows for use with a standard sound reinforcement amplifier (when the internal amplifier is not used).
A custom designed, down-firing, aluminium cast frame 15" woofer, with a 3" voice coil, is utilized as the heart of the Titan™ Sub-A15's complementary low frequency enhancement system. Integral signal processing includes a dynamic AGC (Automatic Gain Control) circuit, a stereo crossover and signal limiting for the prevention of a distorted signal to the internal amplifier. A convenient and an essential PHASE switch is included to allow for proper subwoofer signal polarity to be selected.
A pair of balanced XLR male output connections, with switchable "High-Pass" mode are available for the stereo line level outputs and may be used to pass through mono or stereo signals from the inputs to another system or to send a high-pass, line-level stereo signal to a pair of powered, full-range speakers such as the popular Wharfedale Pro Titan™ ACTIVE models.
Pole mount socket
The top of the Titan™ Sub-A15 provides a convenient built in pole mount socket for easy mounting of a standard 35mm diameter speaker pole (such as the Wharfedale Pro SP-1) for easy top-side mounting of a mid/high passive or active speaker.
Integral Carry Handle
The Titan™ Sub-A15 has two rubber over-moulded carry handles (one on each side) for easy transportation of the enclosure.
There are four skid-resistant screw mounted rubber feet on the bottom of the Titan™ Sub-A15.
There are two ports on front of the Titan™ Sub-A15 that are reflex tuned to provide enhanced low frequency response from the enclosure.
- Model titan sub-a15
- General info
- System type band-pass subwoofer
- Frequency response +/- 3db 45-150hz
- Physical features
- Enclosure material 18mm plywood
- Enclosure colour grey
- Size (mm/inches) 404 / 15"
- Coil size (mm/inches) 75 / 3"
- Frame material die-cast aluminium frame
- Amplifier power
- Continous rms 400w
- Peak (wats) 600w
- Protectiontype dynamic agc
- Power on indicator led
- Input sensitivity 0.775v
- Impedance 4 ω
- Speaker pole adapter yes
- Inputs a & b type / connection balanced line level inputs via two combo connectors
- Outputs a & b type / connection balanced line level inputs via two xlr-m connectors
- High pass frequency selection 100hz
- Phase switch selection 0° / 180°
- Speaker level input impedance 1/4" ts phone input
- Speaker level input connection 4 ω
- Dimensions & weight
- Height ( mm / ins ) 630.0 / 24.8"
- Width front / rear / mm / ins 478.0 / 18.8"
- Depth ( mm / ins ) 640.0 / 25.2"
- Net weight ( kg / lbs ) 45.48 / 100.0
- Gross weight ( kg / lbs ) 50.48 / 110.5