Shure SM57 Instrument/Vocal Microphone
The legendary Shure SM57 is exceptional for musical instrument pickup and vocals. With its bright, clean sound and contoured frequency response, the SM57 is ideal for live sound reinforcement and recording.
The SM57 has an extremely effective cardioid pickup pattern that isolates the main sound source while minimizing background noise. In the studio, it is excellent for recording drums, guitar, and woodwinds.
Clear and present sound that's great for a wide range of sources
From the biggest live stages, to the top recording studios world wide, to the presidential podium, the Shure SM57 is one of the most widely used microphones the world over. One of the things that defines the Shure SM57 as the quintessential workhorse microphone is its signature frequency response and presence boost. This natural presence boost brings out clarity in vocals, snap in snare drums, and bite in guitar amps. In general, you'll be able to use your SM57 on anything. In fact, it's common practice in many studios and on virtually every live stage to use the SM57 as a default microphone for everything.
Exceptional versatility onstage and in the studio
The sound of the SM57 isn't the only thing that makes it a fantastic workhorse microphone. Its tight cardioid polar pattern gives you exceptional isolation. In fact, one of the reasons the the Shure SM57 is such a popular snare drum microphone is that you can easily position it so that it rejects the sound of the nearby hi-hat. But the SM57's stellar off-axis noise rejection isn't just great in the studio. Onstage, it's easy to position the SM57 so that it doesn't pick up the sound of the PA, allowing you to get maximum gain before feedback.
Built to withstand a lifetime of serious abuse
Of course, you can't talk about Shure's SM57 without mentioning its heroic toughness. There are epic videos on YouTube and countless stories of people running SM57s over with trucks, dropping them off of buildings, submerging them in salt water, and burying them in the Earth for months - all without so much as affecting their frequency responses. What that translates into for you is that the typical day-after-day, show-after-show abuse of any studio or stage microphone is simply no match for this mighty mic. The only reason you'll ever have for buying another Shure SM57 is because you want more than one.
Shure SM57 Instrument/Vocal Mic Features :
• Contoured frequency response for clean, instrumental reproduction and rich vocal pickup
• Professional-quality reproduction for drum, percussion, and instrument amplifier miking
• Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while reducing background noise
• Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
• Extremely durable under the heaviest use
• Frequency response: 40 to 15,000 Hz
• Replacement cartridge : R57
SM57 Instrument/Vocal Mic Specifications :
• Frequency response : 40Hz to 15,000Hz
• Polar pattern : Unidirectional (cardioid), rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency
• Sensitivity (at 1,000Hz) : Open circuit voltage: -56.0 dBV/Pa (1.6 mV) (Note: 1 Pa = 94dB SPL)
• Impedance : Rated impedance is 150ohms (310ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low impedance
• Polarity : Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
• Connector : 3-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
• Dimensions : 1-1/4"W (top) x 6-3/18"L x 29/32" (bottom)
• Net weight (without cable) : 284g (10 oz.)