Seymour Dtar Equinox Parametric EQ
The Equinox from D-TAR, is an audiophile-quality 3-band parametric equalizer preamp with low noise components and circuit design that makes it ideal for studio and live use. The Equinox preamp's frequency sweep control, bandwidth control, and boost/cut control corrects or enhances very specific tonal problem areas. Dual notch filters control or eliminate acoustic feedback. D-TAR Equinox is an ideal preamp for musicians who require precise control of their EQ in any environment.
D-TAR - Duncan/Turner Acoustic Research
Seymour Duncan and Rick Turner are two legends who spent years working with musicians, perfecting their tone. Seymour founded his self-named company in 1978 which has become well-known for its wide variety of guitar and bass pickups used by just about every name player from Billie Joe Armstrong to Angus Young. Rick co-founded Alembic, was president of Gibson Labs West Coast R&D Division, co-founded Highlander Musical Audio making piezo acoustic guitar pickups for Lindsay Buckingham, Ry Cooder, David Lindley, and Andy Summers, and runs his own Renaissance Guitars. Now Seymour and Rick are working together to create innovative products for acoustic musicians. Their D-TAR motto: "With respect to acoustic tone."
• 3 Band Parametric Equalizer Preamp — Allows precise EQ control to correct or enhance very specific tonal problem areas with frequency sweep control, bandwidth control, and boost/cut control
• Two independent notch filters Eliminate acoustic feedback
• 20 dB gain switch Provides instant gain
• True bypass switching of non-activated functions — bypass switch removes entire EQ and notch filter sections from signal chain leaving only high impedance, low noise input and buffered output
• High quality components — extremely low noise and distortion, audiophile quality sound
• ¼" stereo input jack — allows connecting input and output to Solstice on a single, stereo cable
• Compact, portable design — an be used as a stand-alone preamp for ultra portable instrument amplification systems
• Input Jack: ¼" Stereo, input on tip / output on ring, allows interface with DTAR Solstice (Acoustic Mixer) using a single, stereo cable.
• Output Jack: 1/4" Mono
• Power Supply: Internal ±15V derived from 15VAC external, wall mounted power transformer.
Input stage : Extremely low noise and low distortion
Maximum input signal : 8.5 VRMS @ unity gain
Setting : /.85 VRMS @ +20dB gain
Slew Rate : 22V/us
Input impedance : 2Meg ohms
THD : <.003% @ 1Vo
Noise : All controls set "flat"/118dBV, referred to input with gain set at +20dB
All controls set "flat"/106dBV, referred to input with gain set at unity
"Worst Case" noise : 94dBV, all EQ set to full boost, all Q controls set to full narrow, frequency controls set to highest frequency.
3-Band EQ : each band has adjustable Q (bandwidth) from .58 to 9.4 with 15 dB of boost and cut available
Low Frequency Band : Frequency adjustable from 39 Hz to 408 Hz
Midrange Frequency Band : Frequency adjustable from 212 Hz to 2.35 KHz
High Frequency Band : Frequency adjustable from 1.8 KHz to 20 KHz
Notch Filters : Q (bandwidth) fixed at 9.0 with 15 dB of cut available
Notch Filter #1 : Frequency adjustable from 40 Hz-400
Notch Filter #2 : Frequency adjustable from 80 Hz-800