Featuring massive polyphony, a modern 6-operator FM engine, a 16-track sequencer, and more, the Kurzweil PC4 delivers a powerful update of the company’s renowned V.A.S.T. synthesis technology. The PC4 packs their patented FlashPlay technology, 256-voice polyphony and powerful DSP into a portable performance controller and synth workstation designed to meet the demanding requirements of professional performing artists, songwriters, and studio musicians. The PC4's 88-note, hammer-action keybed is velocity-sensitive and gives you the sublime feel of an acoustic grand piano with the added expression of aftertouch.
Extensive hands-on, real-time control
Equipped with 36 programmable physical controllers, the PC4 provides the immediacy of hands-on, real-time control. The intuitive, streamlined user interface consists of a 4.3" color LCD display with six soft keys underneath, dedicated front-panel transposition and tempo controls, LED-backlit pitchbend and modulation wheels, nine programmable knobs and sliders, ten switches, fast categorized instrument selection, and dedicated arpeggiator and sequencer transport controls. In addition to MIDI I/O and USB/MIDI, The PC4 provides flexible connectivity that includes a stereo audio input with FX and jacks for up to four switch pedals and two CC pedals, plus a second USB-to-device port that accepts a USB thumb drive for external storage.
Powerful features, plus a new FM Synth engine
With 2GB of factory sample content, an additional 2GB of user storage, and up to 16 Zones in Multi Mode, the PC4 shines as both a performance controller and synth workstation. The PC4 comes loaded with over 1000 factory programs, a versatile FX engine with full editing capabilities, a 16-track Sequencer, 16 Arpeggiators, 16 Riff Generators, flexible MIDI control with 16 MIDI CC Step Sequencers, and extensive native V.A.S.T. editing capabilities. But the star of the show just might be the powerful, newly developed 6-operator FM synthesis engine that natively imports original '80s and '90s FM SysEx files!
Load sounds instantly with FlashPlay technology
One of the features keyboardists we love about the PC4 is its ability to load any sound instantly. Kurzweil calls it FlashPlay technology, and it means you'll never slow down or botch a performance due to loading times. You've got 2GB of killer sounds in the Kurzweil PC4 — all with zero load time — giving the PC4 a staggering amount of horsepower you'll appreciate whether you're wowing an audience onstage or impressing collaborators in the studio. Kurzweil knows what you need to perform with confidence, and you get it all in the PC4.
Kurzweil PC4 88-key Performance Controller / Synth Workstation Features:
- 256 voices of polyphony
- 2GB of factory sample content plus 2GB of user storage
- FlashPlay technology with zero load time
- 1000+ factory programs
- NEW 6-operator FM Engine with the ability to import original '80s and '90s FM SysEx files
- KB3 ToneReal Organs with realistic drawbars, rotary speed, chorus/vibrato, brake, percussion
- 9 sets of programmable knobs, sliders, and buttons
- 88-note fully-weighted hammer action with velocity-sensitive keys and aftertouch
- Extensive native V.A.S.T. editing capabilities
- 16-track Sequencer with dedicated front-panel transport buttons
- 16 Arpeggiators (Classic or Step sequencers) with dedicated front-panel controls
- NEW 16 MIDI CC Step Sequencers
- 16 Riff Generators
- Dedicated front-panel transposition and tempo controls
- Ribbon connector input
- MIDI I/O, USB/MIDI, USB-to-device
- 2 x 1/4 inch audio input connectors
- Stereo 3.5mm audio input jack with FX
- 2 pairs of stereo outputs
- 4 switch pedals (via 2 stereo jacks)
- 2 CC pedal inputs