Korg Opsix FM Synthessizer
Rethink everything you know about FM synthesis.
The opsix represents a new and expansive reimagination of classic digital synthesis. Much like Korg did when bringing wave sequencing back in a more powerful, more musical, and more immediately accessible way with wavestate, so was the approach to FM sound generation of the opsix, resulting in another incredibly flexible and unique synth.
The opsix is an “altered” six-operator FM synthesizer. With its astoundingly accessible operator mixer and flexible sound engine that goes well beyond traditional FM, this instrument widens the potential of digital synthesizers to their utmost.
The opsix is an instrument for players of all generations—modern in every way, getting back to the basics to offer you a glimpse of the future. Whether you are new to synths, looking for a completely unique addition to your sound palate, or an original FM purist, opsix will deliver on all expectations and more.
The opsix is a new digital synthesizer that features our newly designed six-operator sound generator. Although the instrument has a six-operator FM sound structure like classic FM synthesizers, the opsix doesn't just reproduce their sounds—it totally reimagines them! With a diversity of waveforms, operator modes that go beyond the realm of FM, and a filter that brings together a fusion of subtractive synthesis, opsix makes tames complexities of FM so that you can focus on exploring sounds instead of programming them. Simply put, opsix offers the editing simplicity of analog synths to control the power of arguably the deepest type of digital synthesis.
Of course, the opsix is a collection of everything appealing about FM synthesis... but that’s not all. Aside from sine waves, the opsix offers an expanded list of diverse waveforms in pursuit of sounds with even more complex harmonics, which can also be used as a subtractive synth offering simple filtering.
Operator modes on the opsix are used to generate sounds that are completely outside what a traditional FM sound generator can make. The operator modes let you create sounds using modulation other than FM. The opsix offers you a much wider range of sound creation, letting you combine the five operator modes (FM, ring modulation, filter, filter FM and wavefolder) and select from a wide range of waveforms.
An algorithm is a combination of different operator roles and connections. The opsix goes far beyond classic FM synthesizers by offering 40 preset algorithmsand then goes on to offer a user algorithm function for exponentially greater sound possibilities which lets you construct and arrange an algorithm from scratch.
- 37 keys (velocity and release-velocity sensitive)
- Sound generating system
- Altered FM sound generator
- Maximum Polyphony
- 32 voices (or a max. of 24 voices, depending on the settings)
- 6 operators, 1 filter, 3 EGs, 3 LFOs, 3 effects, step sequencer, arpeggiator
- 40 presets + user algorithm (unique to each program)
- 5 modes (FM, Ring Mod., Filter, Filter FM, Wave Folder)
- Oscillator waveform
- 21 waveforms (Sine, Sine 12bit, Sine 8bit, Triangle, Saw, Saw HD, Square, Square HD, Additive Saw3, Additive Sqr3, Additive Tri3, Additive 12345, Additive 1+2, Additive 1+3, Additive 1+4, Additive 1+5, Additive 1+6, Additive 1+7, Additive 1+8, Noise S/H, Noise White)
- 11 types (LPF 12, LPF 24, LPF MS-20, LPF POLY6, HPF 12, HPF 24, HPF MS-20, BPF 6, BPF 12, BRF 6, BRF 12)
- 23 waveforms (Triangle, Saw Down, Saw Up, Square, Sine, Sample&Hold, Guitar, Exp. Triangle, Exp. Saw Down, Exp. Saw Up, Step4 Triangle, Step6 Triangle, Step4 Saw Down, Step6 Saw Down, StepRnd:Time, StepRnd:Lvl&Time, StepRnd:Level, Random:Time, Random:Lvl&Time, Triangle + , Saw Down + , Saw Up + , Square +)
- 12 routings
- 30 types (Chorus, Unison Ensemble, Phaser, Phaser (BPM) , Auto Pan, Auto Pan (BPM), Flanger, Flanger (BPM) , Rotary Speaker, Auto Wah, Exciter, Enhancer, LFO Filter, 3-Band EQ, Distortion, Guitar Amp, Decimator, Grain Shifter, Master Limiter, Compressor, Delay, Delay (BPM) , Autopan Dly, Autopan Dly (BPM), Tape Echo, Tape Echo (BPM) , Early Reflection, Reverb, Shimmer Reverb, Spring Reverb)
- Step Sequencer (up to 16 steps, up to 6 notes per step)
- Motion Sequencer (up to 6 lanes)
- 7 patterns (MANUAL, UP, DOWN, ALT1, ALT2, RANDOM, TRIGGER) fault)
- Number of programs
- 500 (250 preset programs and 250 user programs as the factory-set de
- 64 (16 Slots × 4 Banks)
- MODULATION wheel, PITCH wheel, RATIO OP 1–6 knobs, LEVEL OP 1–6 sliders, DATA ENTRY A–F knobs
- Headphone (6.3 mm stereo phone jack)
- OUTPUT L/MONO and R (impedance-balanced 6.3 mm TRS phone jacks)
- DAMPER (6.3 mm phone jack, half-damper not supported)
- MIDI IN and OUT connectors
- USB B port
- Power supply
- AC adapter (DC12V)
- Power consumption
- 5 W
- Dimensions (W × D × H)
- 565 × 338 × 90 mm / 22.24" × 13.31" × 3.54"
- 2.9 kg / 6.93 lbs
- Included items
- AC adapter
- Accessories (sold separately)
- DS-1H damper pedal, PS-1 pedal switch, PS-3 pedal switch
|*||All product, company, and standard names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.|
|*||Appearance and specifications of products are subject to change without notice.|