This sharp-dressed Baritone reissue from the 2019 Danelectro collection delivers the bass down low — real low. We're talking B to B. That's a perfect fourth below standard E to E tuning. And whether you're a downtuned country picker, a drop-tuned hard rocker, or an accompanist/recording artist on the prowl for alternate open-chord voicings, the Danelectro Baritone is built take your music in exciting new directions. The hybrid 29.75"-scale-length maple neck makes a comfortable transition for bass players and guitarists both. Electronics-wise, two high-output lipstick pickups driven by a simple 3-way selector permit quick access to those coveted Dano Bari tones, along with a sweet, throaty breakup that won't leave you drowning in amp noise. All the while, classic Danelectro stylings — the Art Deco single-cut body style and iconic Dolphin headstock — make this bari a sweet addition to any collector's showcase.
Danelectro's fabled lipstick pickups have captured the imaginations of countless guitarists throughout the ages. This Baritone's high-output lipstick single-coils hark back to the vintage tones of rock's earliest days. The result is a baritone sound that truly stands alone — a defined attack, a formidable bottom end, and a healthy dose of midrange punch and top-end zing. Additional windings give this baritone added output to drive an amp hard. And with its 3-way pickup selector and simple master volume/tone, you will have no trouble finding a sound for your music.
- Comfortable 29.75"-scale maple neck — an easy transition between guitar and bass
- Lightweight hardboard/plywood body is resonant and responsive
- Pau ferro fingerboard offers great playability
- High-output lipstick single-coils provide a classic tone with modern convenience — sounds sweet clean or driven!
- 3-way pickup selector with master volume and master tone
- Adjustable saddle bridge lets you set intonation to your liking