Today's Danelectro 66-12 reissue brings the versatile tones and vintage stylings of this pop icon right to your stage and session. Its semi-hollow alder body supplies a warmth, snap, and resonance that'll creep their way into your busiest tracks. And with its full-service pickup complement — an offset neck single-coil and a dual-lipstick bridge humbucker with coil-splitting — you've got a banquet of sparkly, syrupy 12-string textures right at your fingertips, with a saccharine clean and a crunchy bite that will shape your parts in exciting ways. And if you're looking for playability, today's 66-12 delivers. Its C-shaped maple neck and pau ferro fingerboard supply comfort and streamline fret access, no matter what your playing style. With its avant-garde styling and far-reaching tonal armament, the Danelectro 66-12 electric guitar is one 12-string you won't want to pass up.
When running through a dirty amp, you'll get a ton of crunch and low-end response without losing definition. Meanwhile, a clean amp can create awesome jazz tones. If that's not enough, the master volume control is a push/pull pot that splits the humbucker for added spank, sparkle, and chime.
Danelectro is known for its instantly recognizable body designs and avant-garde styling. The 66-12 is no different. This reverse-offset body shape simply drips with vintage vibe and distinctive Danelectro styling. The semi-hollow construction adds sustain and extra presence to the sound. Thanks to the alder centerblock, it won't feed back as easily under high gain. The maple neck has a curvy headstock, die-cast tuners and a 14" radius pau ferro fingerboard that work together to complete the vintage look of the Danelectro 66-12.
- The Return of Danelectro's 1966 12-string
- Semi-hollow alder body is balanced and resonant
- C-shaped maple neck fits any playing style
- Pau ferro fingerboard supplies warmth and snap
- Vintage-styled single-coil pumps out sweet cleans
- Double lipstick humbucking pickup has a fat, powerful attack
- Push-pull coil-splitting diversifies the bridge position
- Single-bound body and F-hole add creature comforts
- Vintage-styled die-cast tuners complete the look